Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Saturday, September 9, 2023

A Ghost Story

 A Ghost Story

Is posted on 


HTTPS://www.good-advice-book.blogspot.com


Title: We are meant to be together.

Author: Philip Chan


Author Note:


This story is ghastly, chilling, and horrifying.


The author has placed a warning on this post for sexual content.


w-5906426-328868.jpg


Paul woke to thunder shaking his house, and lightning illuminating his room. He walked to the bathroom to take a kidney break. He switched on the light. The light bulb didn't respond. 

The ominous sound of wind, rain, and swinging trees spurred his heart and brought sweat to his face. 

Craving light like a fish craves water, he lit a candle. Instantly he saw a female ghost with long hair covering her whole face. 

Paul could see her firing eyes through her hair. He dropped the candle. The hot wax fell on his left foot. He screamed, "Help." 

All of a sudden, a bright, flashing lightning lighting up the sky like fireworks; banging, crashing thunder roaring furiously, sizzling, then following by electrifying lightning zipping across the night sky. At the same time, the ghost jumped out of the mirror. Paul immediately ran away from the bathroom into the living room. 

The thunder roared and rumbled while the rain pattered against the windows in the living room. The sound was so loud that it cracked Paul's ears. Paul saw the ghost appearing behind the windows. 

Paul ran to the street to ask for help from his neighbor. He opened the door and the ghost already stood in front of him. Paul quickly closed the door. The ghost stepped into the house through the closed door. 

Paul ran back to his bedroom but half way, he was pulled back to sit down at the dining table. 

He saw a dish of prime rib on one side of the table and lamb chop on the other side. 

"You sit on the wrong side. Don't you remember I used to like lamb chop? Now change seat." 

Paul stood up, taking this chance to run to the bedroom as fast as he could. 

Before he had a chance to enter the bedroom, the ghost stood in front of the door, blocking his entrance. 

Paul walked backwards and sat at the seat where prime rib was served. 

The ghost brought in a dozen of yellow roses and put it in the middle of the table. 

"Do you remember you bought me yellow roses on our seventh anniversary." 

Paul shook his head. 

"You said you would love me for the rest of your life." 

Again, Paul shook his head. 

"Now, eat your dinner." 

Paul shook his head the third time. 

"Do you want me to feed you?" 

Paul started to eat, saying, "Why aren't you eating." 

"Not hungry." 

Paul stopped eating. 

"Who told you to stop?" 

Paul replied, "I am not hungry either." 

The ghost said, "Eat. Do as I tell you. You used to tell me what to do and I never said no. Why? Because I didn't want to upset you."  

Paul resumed eating till he finished the whole prime rib. 

"You stay here and wait for me. I am going to get the dessert." 

Paul immediately stood up and ran to his bedroom, locking the door. 

The rain was pouring more heavily than before. Paul closed the curtain and switched on the lights. He pressed the light switch multiple times but the power was still out. 

He climbed to his bed, covering his body from head to toe. 

"I am sleeping next to you." 

Paul was frozen. He wanted to get up, he couldn't move. He lost control of his body. He closed his eyes, trembling. 

"Don't you want to see me." 

"No. Please go away." 

"You used to say I was as pretty as a butterfly." 

"I don't like butterflies." 

"You have dementia now. You once made a butterfly birthday cake for me." 

Paul was still trembling. The ghost raised his hand. Paul pulled away his hand but he was totally frozen. He could do nothing. 

The ghost put his hand on her breast. It was cold like ice. 

"Sorry, I know... It used to be warm and soft." 

"Leave me alone," Paul begged. 

"We are meant to be together. You must come back to me." 

"We can't be together. You are dead and I am alive." 

The ghost pressed his hand to squeeze her breast. "You like it. Don't you remember it?" 

The icy breast chilled Paul's hand. "Who are you?" Paul responded. 

"You tell me." 

Paul was scared and speechless. He wanted to get up but his legs didn't cooperate. 

The ghost said, "I am the one whom you killed." 

Paul's pants became wet.  

"I didn't mean to hurt you, It was an accident. You came home at the wrong time when your sister and I were drunk waiting for you to come home from your late work." 

"That can't be an excuse." 

"You got a knife from the kitchen and wanted to kill me." 

The rain still roared. The power, all of a sudden, came back. The bedroom lights were on and the home phone ranged. 

Paul picked up the phone, "Hello." 

"I am Peter Smith from the local police station. May I speak to Mr. Paul Brown?" 

"Speaking," Paul replied. 

"Because of the wind and the rain, a body was washed ashore. You've reported your wife was missing. We have strong belief this body is your wife. Can you come to identify this body?" 

Paul said nothing, turning his head to look at his bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger