Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, January 14, 2024

Short Story: what’s going on here

 Weekend Short Story


Title: What’s Going On

(A comedy with less than 500 words) 

Author: Philip Chan 

Goodadvicechan@gmail.com 

Http://good-advice-book.blogspot.com


*****


“Adam pick up the phone.” Tom became extremely impatient. 


The alarm clock ran, it was 8 o’clock. 


“That son of bitch, pick up the phone. “


All of a sudden, heavy rain hit the window, Tom rushed to close the window. 


The phone dropped on the floor and a female voice saying, “Hello, can I help you.” 


Tom expected Adam answering, not a female, 

response and immediately he hanged up.


He walked back to his bed and looked at the woman in bed. 


“Wake up, lady. It is late, it’s half past eight already.” There was no response. He shook the lady and repeated the same sentence a couple of  times. Still there was no response. He tested her to  ensure she was still alive. 


The phone rang. “Tom, this Adam.”


“Thank god, you called back.”


“What’s up?”


“Don’t ask questions. Do as I tell you. “


“What happened?”


“Don’t ask. Come over, but don’t let your wife know it is me.” 


“Why?”


“Do as I say, buddy. Also, on the way, check in hotel M and get a room, the one about 5 miles away from my home.”


“Why?”


“Just do as I said please.” Tom hanged up the phone. 


He pushed the lady one more time. “Wake up.” Again, there was no response. 


Tom, giving up on her, walked to the bathroom, getting ready for a new day, brushing his teeth, and changing his clothes. 


The doorbell rang. Tom opened the door and dragged Adam inside the bedroom.


Adam was shocked and confused. “What’s this naked lady doing here?” He looked at Tom. “Why didn’t you wake her up?”


“I’ve been doing just that for the last hour, but she won’t wake up.” 


“What did you do to her.”


“Use your imagination. I did exactly what a normal man would do to a naked woman.”


“Did you drug her?”


“Of course not. I don’t do drug. You know that.”


“What are we going to do now?”


“Not we but you.”


“What?”


“You take her to the M hotel. Let her rest. She will wake up eventually.”


“No, together we remove her to the hotel. Why is she still naked?”


“Don’t ask silly questions. Let’s put some clothes on her first.”


“Where are her underpants?” 


“She didn’t wear one.”


Tom picked up the stockings. “I’ve been trying to put these on her.

but I can’t do it on my own. I need help.”


“Forget about the stockings. Just put a dress on her. Where is her dress?”


Tom picked up a white shirt on the floor and handed  it to Adam.


“This is your shirt, not her dress.”


“Just put it on her.”


“Where are her shoes?”


“I can only find one. No more questions. My 

wife will soon be home from her business trip.”


“What time is she coming back?”


“Soon. Now take this woman to the hotel.”


“Then let’s go.”


“You don’t expect me to go with you. I have to stay here to meet my wife.”


“Oh no, no. I’m not doing this alone. You have to help me to take her to the hotel. “


“Buddy, do it for me. I owe you a big one.” 


Tom with the help of Adam, holding the woman walked to the door. 


As soon as they opened  the door, Tom’s wife was standing there.


Tom and Adam looked at each other, dropping the lady on the floor.


After the drop and the fall, the lady opened her eyes and said, “What’s going on here?”


Tom raised his second finger, pointing at Adam. 


Adam shook his head from left to right, non stopping.


“Boys. Don’t you think I am stupid not knowing what is going on in here.” Tom’s wife challenged the boys. 


Tom answered, “Darling, I don’t know what’s going on here?”


Adam replied, “I really don’t know what’s going on here.”


The lady on the floor in a sexy voice replied. “I know what’s going on here.”


All the voices together said, “What?”


******

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger