Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, January 28, 2024

Short Story : Marriage

 Short Story ( about 350 words) 

Title:  Marriage

Author: Philip Chan

Goodadvicechan@gmail.com

Http://good-advice-book.blogspot.com 

This story is written in both English and Chinese. 


*****


“Are you ready to discuss getting married?” Mary brought up the subject again consecutively three months.


“Honey, this is the third time you brought up this subject.”


“So what? Yes or no.” 


Tom was silent.


“ I guess no.” Mary touched her belly with a disappointed look.


“Let’s save some money first. I want to give you an arrogant wedding party; perhaps in Hawaii.”


“We’ve been together for more than seven years. Most of my friends got married after living together for no more than five years. They’ve been asking me when is my big day.”


“I am expecting a promotion soon; we can discuss this after my promotion.”


“I heard that excuse before.”


“This time it is going to be true.”


“You said that last year.”


“It was different, we didn’t have the budget for promotion last year.”


“Hello… how do you know your boss has budget this year?”


Tom was silent.


“Let me ask you one more time. Are you ready to marry me now?”


Tom put on a bitter smile. 


“That’s it. I am moving out of this apartment now.” Mary turned into anger. 


“What?”


Mary went into the bedroom and dragged her luggage to the front door.


Tom grabbed Mary and said, “ You aren’t serious.”


“I have no time to joke with you. I am three months pregnant.”


Tom was shocked and his eyes were wide open.


“Who is the father?”


Mary slapped his face. “I can take care of the baby.”


She slammed the front door so hard that she could hear the creaking and slamming sound. 


At the same time she could hear a loud voice shouting “wait” from within the house. 


********

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger