Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Friday, December 22, 2023

Short Story: Wedding of the Dead

 Short  Story ( about 250 words) 


Title: Wedding of the Dead


Written in both English and Chinese 


Author: Philip Chan 

http://good-advice-book.blogspot.com

******


Ah Ming lived with his wife Ah Fong in a small village above 120 miles north of Beijing, China. 

 

Ah Ming was surprised. “Where are you going at this hour?”


Ah Fong replied, “To my cousin’s wedding.”


“Didn’t he pass away last year?”


“Yes, he hanged himself on a tree outside the window of his parent’s bedroom in protest of arranged marriage.”


Ah Ming touched his wife’s forehead. “Are you sick?”


Ah Fong pushed her husband’s hand away.  “I am a healthy person. Unlike you, I take good care of myself. I exercise and eat health. You…”


“Me what? Smoke and drink. Let’s not avoid my question here. Are you finding  excuses to see your boy friend at midnight? Don’t lie to me and tell me you are going to your cousin’s wedding.”


Ah Fong became angry, slapped Ah Ming’s face, and left the house.


Ah Ming was shocked by his wife’s reaction. He fell on the floor.


All of a sudden, all the lights were off. Lightning struck the house. 


Ah Fong’s cousin appeared in front of Ah Ming with two big eyes staring at him.


“Why don’t you come to my wedding? My girl friend was willing to marry me even though I am dead.”


*****

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger