Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Saturday, December 16, 2023

Short Story : Black and White

 Short Story

Title: Black and white


Author: Philip Chan

Goodadvicechan@gmail.com


**********


Tom yelled at his father. “You aren’t my father ?”


Joseph was shot. “Why?”


“You are white and I am black.”


“I took you home from the orphanage when you were five.”


“I wish you didn’t”


“What have I done wrong?”


“Everything you did to me was wrong.”


“I don’t understand why.”


“You send me to a school that I don’t like.”


“That one was the best in our neighborhood.”


“I don’t like the students there. They are a bunch of spoilt white kids. I don’t like the teachers either. They never listen to me.”


“It isn’t the school. It’s you. You always fight in school. You even bite others if you couldn’t win.” 


“You’re never on my side. You are a white gay man and I am black.”


“What did you just say?


“You heard me. I am fourteen now. I am going out to look for my parents.”


“Don’t leave.”


Tom ran to the door. Joseph grabbed his hand. He pushed Joseph on the floor, banged the door, and out in the street.


Joseph, sitting on the floor, questioned himself. “Did I do something wrong?” 


*****

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger