Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Saturday, October 7, 2023

Short Story: who is the president

 

Short Story written in both English and Chinese 


Title: Who is the President 

Author: Philip Chan


Posted on 

Https://www.good-advice-book.blogspot.com


 ************


As I walked into the living room, there was a big argument among my children, Adam aged 11, Nancy aged 10 and Chris aged 8. Their argument was so heated that they might end up fighting. That has happened before. 


“Hey. Hey. Stop.” I raised my voice.  Immediately the children stop yelling. 


“What happened?”


Both Adam and Nancy answered at the same time yelling and pointing fingers  at each other. 


“One at a time. I couldn’t hear you two when both are talking at the same time.”


Chris stepped in and answered, “Mom, I was watching Aladdin. They switched to watch News. This is my TV time before bed.”


Nancy jumped in, “I wanted to listen to the speech from our president, but Mom,  I want a female President in our country.”


Chris interrupted, “I agree with Nancy. She is the princess here. She can be the President in this house, but Adam said NO.” 


Adam argued, “There are no woman president in our history.”


Nancy replied, “Mom, I can be the first female president. I don’t want Adam be the president and I, the Vice President in this house.”


Chris echoed, “Mom, I agree. Nancy is my choice. Adam always bullies me. He abuses his power, being the eldest in the house.“ 


Adam was angry and raised his fist. Chris ran behind me. 


Adam said, “I am older.”


Nancy replied, “I am smarter.”


All of a sudden , my husband, coming down from upstairs, said, “Susie, what’s going on here?”


“Paul, you come in the right time. Now, children sit down side by side and let your father tell you who is the President and who is the Vice President,” 


I turned to him. “Paul, you are a politician.   You can do a better job explaining  to the kids than me .” 


I left the living room. 


************

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger