Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Saturday, October 14, 2023

Short Story : the Forgetful Grandma

Title: the Forgetful Grandma 


Author: Philip Chan 




Dialogue only


************


“Who are you?”


“I am your husband, Paul.”


“You aren’t Paul. He’s dead.”


“How many times I’ve told you I am Paul and I’m still alive.”


“If you said  you are Paul, then you’re a dead man. Are we in heaven or in hell?”


“We’re siting at the deck of our house.”


“We sold our house already.”


“No, we just paid our our last mortgage payment.  We owe this house now. We lived in this house for thirty happy years.  Now, look at the kids at our backyard.”


“I see two kids running around.”


“They are our grand children, Tom and Mary.”


“I don’t like them.”


“Why?”


“They made too much noises.”


“They are our grand kids.  They love you and you should love them.”


“No, I don’t like them.  They bother me.”


“How?”


“They yelled at me calling me grandma, grandma all the times…”


“But you are their grandma.”


“I am too young to be grandma.”


“They are lovely kids.  Our son and daughter-in-law died at a car accident.  We are all they have. You must love them.”


“Oh…”


“Why are you crying? Don’t cry. Look at you, Your clothes are all wet.”


The end 


******

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger