Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Saturday, October 31, 2020

Weekly Covid Short Story : who Likes Hospital

 October 31, 2020 - Weekly Covid Fiction Short Story 


   Who likes Hospital 

       Written in both Chinese 

             and English 


Author: Philip Chan 

Goodadvicechan@gmail.com

www.good-advice-book.blogspot.com


I was dead tired after spending 4 hours lining to vote for our next new President.  As soon as I stepped inside the house, my 6 year old daughter, April, ran to me and said proudly, “ Mom, I answered 3 calls.”


I said,” Stay where you are. Don’t run to me now.  We have to keep distance.” 


“ But I want to tell you the calls.”she said.


“OK. You don’t have to come close to me. Just tell me over there.”


She stopped running and said,” The first call was from Uncle Adam.”


I got nervous as Adam was being treated for Covid.  “What happens ?” I asked.  


April answered,”Uncle Adam told me he is still in hospital but doing well.”


What a relief. “ Good. Who was the second call?”


“It was Auntie Betty.” April replied.


“What happened ?”


“ I don’t understand what she said but she asked me to tell you not to worry. She is in the hospital after attending the Florida rally. I think she is ok.” 


What a relief!


“ Mom, what is a rally? People go to Hosiptal for rally?” April asked. 


“ Honey, I’ll explain to you later.  Who was the third call?” 


“ it was uncle Charlie.” 


“What happens to uncle Charlie?” I asked.


“He said. The Nebraska rally is killing him.  He is suffering from a severe cold and still in the hospital.  I asked Uncle  Charlie why everybody is in hospital?” 


“What did he say?” 


“He said President Trump likes hospital.” April replied.


I was speechless.


*******



20201031-

每週Covid短篇小說


    誰個會喜歡醫院

        中英対照


 作者:陳中興  Philip Chan

 Goodadvicechan@gmail.com



花了4個小時排隊,為下任新總統投票,我感到非常疲倦。 當我走進屋子時,6歲的女兒April跑回我面前自豪地說:媽媽,我接了3個電話。


 我說:不要跑向我。 我們必須保持距離。


 她停止跑來,但是我想告訴你,我接了三個電話。她說。


 “好。 您不必靠近我。 就告訴我罷。


 她說:第一個電話來自Adam 叔叔。


  Adam 現正在接受疫情治療時,我感到非常緊張。  他怎麼嗎?” 我問。


 April 回答說:“Adam 叔叔告訴我,他仍在醫院,但狀況良好。


 “還好。內心放心了小小, 我再問:第二個電話是誰?


 “那是Betty 姨媽。”April 答复。


 “發生了什麼事?


 “我不明白她在說什麼,但她要我告訴你不要擔心。 參加完佛羅里達州集會後,她現在在醫院裡。 但是她還好。


 聽完安心小許。


 “媽媽,什麼集會? 點解人人要去醫院集會嗎?” April 問。


 “親愛的,我稍後再向您解釋。”. 継續問,誰打第三個電話?


 “那是Charlie 叔叔。


 “Charlie叔叔怎麼事?” 我問。


 “他說。 Nebraska 的集會機乎會害死他。 他患有重感冒,仍然在醫院裡。 我問Charlie 叔叔,為什麼每個人都在醫院裡?


 “他說什麼?


 “他說特朗普總統喜歡醫院。” April答复。


 我無言可説了。


 *******

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger