Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, October 25, 2020

Covid Short Story - Tears

 October 26, 2020 - Weekly Covid Fiction Short Story 


   Can my Tears keep you 

        Afloat  or Drown you 

             眼淚留住你

       Written in both Chinese 

             and English 


Author: Philip Chan 

Goodadvicechan@gmail.com

www.good-advice-book.blogspot.com


   Although today was only the tenth day, it seemed to have been ten years.  I wetted the pillow with tears at night, and washed my face with tears in the morning.


   Ten years ago, I met Bob because of a car accident.  I took care of him in the hospital for nearly a month.  I was worried that he might not be able to stand up and walk again.  


   However, he was full of hope and vitality.  He kept working hard in the gym and recovered.  Finally he could walk without a crane. 

  

   This time, I  said to myself,”  Bob, you must have confidence in yourself and believe that you would recover.  I need you to be with me for the rest of my life.”


   Every day I looked forward to the hospital calling and telling me that bob has defeated Covid, had recovered, and could be ready to come home.


   All a sudden, the phone rang, but I dared not answer it.  The phone rang again.  I let it keep on ringing.   


   Eventually it turned into a voice, saying, "Hello, this call is from Paoli Central Hosiptal. Can I talk to Mrs. Brown?" I ran to get the phone and accidentally dropped the phone.  I could hear no voice anymore.


    More stories posted on

Www.good-advice-book.blogspot.com


      *****


20201026-Covid 短篇小說


         眼淚留住你

            中英対照


  儘管今天只是第十天,但似覺已經十年了。 晚上我用淚水弄濕了枕頭,早上用淚水洗了臉。


  十年前,因為車禍我遇到Bob,相識後,我在醫院照顧了他近一個月。 我當時很擔心,他可能無法再站起來走路。


  但是我還記得,Bob, 您充滿了希望和活力。 您不停努力鍛鍊,最終康復了,你不用拐杖也可以走路。 


   這回我對自己説,”BOb,您必須對自己有信心,相信自己會康復。 我需要你在我的餘生中和我生活在一起。


  每天我期待醫院打電話來告訴我,您已經打敗Covid,已經康復,可以回家了。


  特然電話響了,我不敢接電話。 電話又再響了。 我讓它一直響著。 


   最終電話發出一個聲音,說:您好,這個電話來自Paoli Central Hosiptal 我可以和布朗夫人講話嗎?” 我跑去拿起電話,不小心掉了電話。 我再也聽不到聲音了。


More stories posted on

Www.good-advice-book.blogspot.com


             *****



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger