Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, October 11, 2020

Fiction Shirt Story : Promise 2 Millions

 October 11, 2020 

Covid-19 fiction short story 

           Promise 2 Millions  

Written in Both English and Chinese 


In the middle of the night, a terrible loud voice came from my 70-year-old father's room.  I rushed to him.


    He was still screaming in his dream.  I woke him up and touched his forehead.  It still felt slightly hot.  He opened his eyes and looked scared.


    I calmed him down and said softly, "You are dreaming."


    He said: "A very bad dream."


    "This is just a dream. You'd better go back to sleep. You still have a little fever."


    "You need to check the news." He said.


    "Do you really mean it?"


    "Yes." He said.  "I'm telling you. I dreamed that I was standing in front of the White House and the President was standing on the balcony. I don't know what he was shouting about.” 


    I comforted my father, "Well, I’ll check the news.  Nothing important becomes from our president's mouth, and they are all lies. Now go back to sleep."


    My father continued, "I saw thousands of people flocking to the White House. They pushed me away. They crossed the fence. They all rushed to the balcony. Thousands and thousands of them. They were dead men walking."


    I held my father tightly.  "This is just a nightmare."


 “ Check the news.  This is the 2 millions he promised.” My father said. 


   I was speechless. 


Weekly Story 

Author: Philip Chan

Email: goodadvicechan@gmail.com

www.good-advice-book.blogspot.com


***** 


        Covid 短篇小說

              百萬的諾言

                  中英対照


   在深夜,我70歲父親的房間里傳出可怕的聲音。 我趕到他的房間。


   他仍在夢中尖叫。 我叫醒他並撫摸他的額頭。 感覺仍然有些少熱度。 他睜開眼睛,看上去很害怕。


   我讓他平靜下來,並安慰地說:你在發夢。


   他說:一個非常糟糕的夢。


   這只是一個夢。你最好還是去睡吧。你仍然有小小發燒。


   您需要查看新聞。” 他說。


   真的要嗎?”


   是。” 他說。  我告訴你。我夢見我站在白宮門前,總統正站在陽台上。我不知道他在大聲叫什麼。


   我安撫父親,好吧,我會檢核新聞。總統的嘴裡沒有好野,它們都全是謊言。你去睡覺吧。


   父親繼續說道:我看到成千上萬的人湧向白宮。他們推開了我。他們越過柵欄。他們都衝到了陽台前面。他們全部都是死屍。


   我緊緊地抱著父親。  這只是一場噩夢。


  查看新聞。 這是總統答應的200萬。” 我父親說。


    我無言可説了。 


Weekly Story 

Author: Philip Chan

Email: goodadvicechan@gmail.com

www.good-advice-book.blogspot.com


   *****


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger