Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, September 20, 2020

Short Story - who lies

 September 20 - Covid-19 Who Lies 


      ( Weekly Fiction short story) 

written in English and Chinese. 


“Stop...Stop..." I screamed. The fight continued, and my scream did not stop them from fighting. The 7-year-old twins kicked each other, banging their heads on the wall or the floor.  I raised my voice to my highest pitch, and finally they stopped fighting.


  I said, "Robert... I told you not to do this several times in the past,” 


  "I'm Paul... he's Robert.” Paul replied, pointing his finger at his elder twin brother.


 Robert was crying and pressing his hands on the scratches on his arm.


  "Come here.  Boys don’t  cry.” I turned my head towards Robert and said, “ Now tell me who broke the vase?  "


  Robert answered immediately, “ Paul did it."


  Paul  jumped in and said: "He lied. I didn't break it."


  Robert  said: "No one lies except Trump."


  I replied: "Who said Trump lies."


  Paul proudly said: "My girlfriend Mary  told me."


  "No, she is my girlfriend." Robert started kicking Paul.  Paul kicked Robert  back...


  "Stop.  Don’t fight over the subject of girlfriend...you are too young to talk about girlfriend." I screamed.


  They both said together, “He is lying. Mary is my girlfriend."


  I gave up and said, "Go out and fight..."


  They both said: "Mary told us not to go out. The virus is outside."


  Now it's my turn to bang my head against the wall.


*****


920-Covid-19誰說謊話


   (短篇小說)中英對照。


誰説謊話


停止...停止...“我尖叫。戰鬥繼續進行,我的尖叫並沒有阻止他們 打架。 這對7歲的雙胞胎互相踢踢,把対方的頭撞在牆上或地板上。我抬起頭大叫。 聲音達到我的最高音調,最後他們停止了打鬥。


 我說:”Robert ..我告訴過你幾次不要打架。


 “我是Paul ...他才是Robert ...”Paul 回答說,他的手指指向他的雙胞胎哥哥。


 Robert一面哭。 一面把手放在他的胳膊上的傷痕。


 “ 過來。 男孩不哭的。 “ 我轉過頭對Robert 說:“ 你是哥哥,現在告訴我,是誰把花瓶破碎了?


  Paul 立即上前回答我,”Robert做的。


 Robert 搶著說:他撒謊了。 我沒有打破它。


 Paul 說:除了特朗普,沒有人撒謊。


 我回答說:誰說特朗普說謊?


 Paul自豪地說:我的女朋友Mary 告訴我。


 “不対, 她是我的女朋友。” Robert 開始踢Paul Paul 立即回踢Robert,兩人再開始打起來。


 “停止,不要打啦⋯⋯你們還年輕,不能談論女友。我尖叫。


 他們倆個都齊說:他說謊。 Mary是我的女朋友。


 我放棄了,說:出街打到夠..”


 他們倆個齊聲說:“Mary 告訴我們不要出去。 病毒在外面。


 現在該輪到我的頭撞在牆上了。


        *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger