Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Monday, September 7, 2020

New Norm of Covid-19 life

 September 6, 2920 New Norm of Covid-19


New Norm for Covid-19 life ***

  Written in both English and Chinese 


  The phone rang.  I picked up the phone.


  My daughter Lily is on the other side, "Mummy, I will come home to see you..."


  I answered, "Why?"


  "I miss you. It's a long weekend vacation." My daughter replied excitedly, "And I can get  a free ride.


  "How is school?" I asked.


  "It's not as interesting and exciting as people say." She replied.


  "Hey...this is just your first year." I said.


  "People say the first year is a year of exciting parties.  It's not at all." She answered.


  "Is your room friendly?" I asked.


  "We are fine." Lily replied.  She is a sad person.  Crying easily.  She must be missing her family very much.  "


  "Try to comfort her." I suggested.


  "She is quiet. We hardly speak." Lily replied.  "I really want to go home and rest."


  "Lily, this is not the time to go home. Our city is experiencing the second wave of the epidemic. You'd better stay on campus. It's safer there." I replied


  Lily started crying...


       *****



Covid-19 的新生活 ( 中英対照)


 電話響了。 我拿起電話。


 我的女兒莉莉在另一邊,媽咪,我回家來看你……”


 我回答,為什麼?


 “我想念你。 這是一個長周末假期。” 我的女兒興奮地回答,而且可以搭免費順風車。


 “學校怎麼樣?” 我問。


 “這裡沒像人們說的那麼有趣和刺激。” 她回答。


 “……這只不過是你的第一年。我說。


 “人們說第一年是剌激歡樂聚會的一年。 完全不対。” 她回答。


 “你的室友好嗎?” 我問。


 “我們還好。莉莉回答。 她是一個悲觀的人。 容易哭。 她可能很想念她的家人。


 “盡力安慰她吧。” 我建議。


 “她很安靜。 我們幾乎不說話。 “ 莉莉回答。  我真的很想回家休息一下。


 “莉莉,現在不是回家的時候。 我們的城市正在經歷第二次疫情浪潮。 你最好留在校園裡。 那裡比較更安全。” 我回答


 莉莉開始哭了...


                *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger