Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Short Story : Sing for me

 COVID fiction short Story.  

     Sing for me

          English and Chinese


  "Who is singing outside?" I asked.


  "There is a man who sings all day." My wife replied.


  "Give him some money and send him home. It's cold outside."


  "He is not a homeless person." My wife said.  "The hospital staff came out to persuade him to leave many times."


  "What happened then?" I asked.


  "His wife lives in the hospital opposite us. She is a COVID patient. The hospital does not allow any visitors. He thinks singing his wife's favorite song outside the hospital will help her heal faster.” 


  "If I was hospitalized, would you sing for me?"


  "You know I can't sing."


  *****



COVID短篇小說。

          為我唱歌

              中英対照


     誰在外面唱歌?” 我問。


     這是一個整日唱歌的人。” 我的妻子回答。


     給他一些錢,勸他帶回家。外面很冷。


     他不是一個無家可歸的人。” 我妻子說。  醫院工作人員多次說服他。他也不肯離開。


     發生了什麼?” 我問。


     他的妻子住在我們對面的醫院裡。她是一名COVID患者。醫院不允許任何來訪者。他認為在外面唱妻子最喜歡的歌會幫助她康復。


     如果我住院了,你會為我唱歌嗎?


     你知道我不會唱歌。


     ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger