Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, November 8, 2020

Covid Short Story “ who is the President.”

 November 8, 2020 - Weekly Covid Fiction Short Story 


   Who is the President

             誰是總統

       Written in both Chinese 

             and English 


Author: Philip Chan 

Goodadvicechan@gmail.com

www.good-advice-book.blogspot.com 


As I walked into the living room, there was a big argument among my children, Adam aged 9, Nancy aged 7 and Chris aged 6.  Their argument was so heated that I was afraid, they might end up fighting. 


“Hey. Hey. Stop.” I raised my voice.  Immediately there was a silence.  I asked,” what happened.” 


Both Adam and Nancy spoke at the same time yelling at each other. I couldn’t figure out what they were saying. 


“Stop.”  There was a silence.  I then asked,” Chris, tell me what happened.”


“ I was watching Aladdin. They switched to watch News.” Chris answered.”It was my TV time before bed.”


Nancy jumped in,” it was a speech from our new president and I want to watch Harris. I want to be like her to be Vice President.” 


Chris interrupted, “ You are the princess here. You can be the President. But Adam said NO.” 


I asked, “ Adam why?” 


“There are no woman president in our history.” Adam argued.


Nancy replied,” Mom, I can be the first. I want to be the president. It is fun.  I don’t want Adam , the president and I the Vice President. “


Chris interrupted,” Mom, I agree   Nancy is the president. Adam is the Vice President. “ 


Adam was angry and raised his fist. Chris ran behind me. 


All a sudden , there was a man’s voice saying “stop”. 


“Paul, you come in the right time.” I saw my husband coming down from upstairs.


“What happened, Susie?” He said.


“Children sit down side by side and let your father tell you who is the President and who is the Vice President,” 


“Paul you are a politician.   You will do a better job explaining  to the kids  than me .” 


I left the living room. 


******


2020118-每週Covid短篇 小説


    誰是總統

              中英対照


 作者:Philip Chan

 Goodadvicechan@gmail.com

 www.good-advice-book.blogspot.com


 當我走進客廳時,我的孩子們之間發生了很大的爭執,他們是九歲的Adam, 七歲的Nancy 和六歲 Chris.  他們的爭論如此激烈,令我很擔心,擔憂他們最終可能會打起來。


 “喂。 喂。 停止。” 我提高了聲音,立刻一片寂靜。 我問,發生了什麼事。


 AdamNancy同時回答,互相大喊大叫。 我不知道他們在說什麼。


 “停止。” 一片寂靜。 然後我問,“Chris  告訴我發生了什麼事。


 “我正在看阿拉丁童話。 他們轉台觀看新聞。” Chris 回答:那是我睡覺前的電視時間。


 Nancy 搶答。這是我們新任總統的演講,我想看Harris 我想像她一樣擔任副總統。


 Chris 打斷了她的話,你是我們家中的公主。 你可以當總統。 但是Adam 說不可以。


 我問:“Adam,為什麼不可以?


 “我們的歷史上沒有女總統。” Adam辯稱。


 Nancy 回答,媽媽,我可以是第一個女人當總統。 我不要Adam擔任總統,而我擔任副總統。  


 Chris加一句。媽媽,我讚成Nancy 是總統。 Adam是副總統。  


 Adam 很生氣,舉起拳頭要打Chris Chris 立即跑到我後面。


 突然,有一個人的聲音大聲說停下來


 “保羅,您來得真好。” 我看到丈夫從樓上下來。


 “發生了什麼事,Susie ” 他說。


 “孩子們聽媽媽説,並排坐, 讓你父親告訴你誰可以做總統,誰可以做副總統。


 “保羅,你是個政客。 你會比我更適合向孩子們解釋。


 我說完,離開了客廳。


 ******

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger