Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Saturday, November 28, 2020

Covid Fiction Short Story - Distant Wedding

 November 29 - Distance Wedding 


COVID fiction short Story 

    

          English and Chinese


Author : Philip Chan 


Posted on :


www.good-advice-book.blogspot.com 


Title :  Distant Wedding 


After a long distance call with my fiancée, May, my tears poured down from my cheeks


We are scheduled to get married in April 2021. We already booked a wedding party at a hotel for 80 Guests. Our professional wedding planner already found a photographer and booked a church for us. 


May’s chosen wedding dress from Paris should arrive here by the end of February.  I could imagine how beautiful  she would be wearing that dress. 


We spent days arguing about the wedding dinner menu. Looking back it was totally ridiculous and worthless. 


With all we have prepared for our wedding and she ended up being sick visiting her parents in Germany. 


May told me over the phone that she has some dry cough and lost her smell. I had a sense that she might be much worse but you did not want to worry me. 


My tears continued pouring down from my cheeks. 


*****


Covid 短片小説

      過埠新娘

            中英対照


 與我的未婚妻(May)長途通話後,我的眼淚從我的臉頰上流下來。


 我們計劃於20214月結婚。我們已經預訂了80家賓客參加婚禮的酒店。 我們專業的婚禮策劃師已經為我們找到了攝影師,並為我們預訂了教堂。


 從巴黎挑選的婚紗應於2月底到達這裡。 我可以想像May穿上那件嫁衣是多麼美麗。


 我們花了幾天時間爭吵婚宴菜單。 回顧過去,這簡直是荒謬而毫無價值。


 通過我們辛苦為婚禮準備的一切,她最終在德國拜訪父母時生病了。


 她通過電話告訴我,只得乾咳嗽,和失去了氣味。 我覺得她們可能會病得更糟,但她不想告訴我,免我擔憂。


 我的眼淚繼續從我的臉頰上不停流下來。


 *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger