Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Voice of a grand daughter

 August 30, 2020 - voice of a Grand daughter 


Covid-19 short story

    Written in both English and Chinese 


Voice  of a Grand daughter 


The phone was ringing.  It must be one of those marketing calls.  This time, I would  not answer the phone.  Recently, there have been at least two such calls in the morning, two in the afternoon, and even two more before 9 pm.  It was annoying.


  A minute later, the phone rang again.  This time I picked up the phone, raised my voice and said loudly, "Hello".  The other party immediately dropped the call.


  After another minute, the phone rang again.  This time I picked up the phone and did not speak.  A girl's voice said, "Where are Grandma and Grandpa?"


  "Oh, my baby ...this is grandma...I love you..." I replied.


  "Grandma , I miss you." My 3-year-old granddaughter Lydia said.


  "I miss you too." Lydia replied.  " When are you coming?  "


  "As long as it is safe to travel, I will see you guys as soon as possible." My eyes were wet.


  "Grandma ,  I'm very safe at home. My brother is busy with his iPad. He doesn't fight with me or beat me anymore." Lydia answered happily.


  My face immediately turned into a smiling face, and I said, "That's great."


  "Grandma , you must come. I miss your toys, new clothes and... well..." There was a silence .


  "What else, Lydia?" I want to know her

  answer. Silence continued. 


 I asked again, "What else?"


  There was a pause for a few seconds.  Then she said: "Your hug and  kisses...”


  "Really?" I am glad to hear this answer.  "Good girl, I will send you some hugs and kisses and toys."


  "I want new clothes too, Grandma.  But brother has an iPad.  So he doesn’t need anything."


 I replied happily, "Ok... Ok..."


  "Really? I'm going to tell Mommy now. Mommy... Mommy..." She hung up the phone.


孫女兒的心聲


電話響了。 它一定是那些營銷電話之一。 我今次不再接電話。 最近,這類的來電,早上至少有兩個,下午兩個,甚至晚上9點之前也有兩個。 真煩死人。


 一分鐘後,電話又響了。 這次我拿起電話,抬起聲音大聲說,你好 對方立即打斷了電話。


 再過一分鐘,電話又響了。 這次我拿起電話不說話。 一個女孩子的聲音說:嫲嫲和爺爺在那兒?”


 “哦,親愛的……這是嫲嫲……我愛你……”我回答。


 “嫲嫲,我掛住你。” 我的3歲孫女兒莉迪亞說。


 “我也想念你。” 莉迪亞回答。  “ 你什麼時候來?  


 “只要旅行是安全的,我就會盡快見到你。” 我的眼睛濕了。


 “嫲嫲我在家很安全。 哥哥忙於他的iPad 他不再和我打架或者打我。” 莉迪亞自豪地回答。


 我的臉立刻變成笑臉,我說,那真好。


 “嫲嫲你必須來。 我很想念你每次帶來的玩具,新衣服和…………”寂靜無聲。


 “還有什麼,莉迪亞?” 我想知道她的

 答案。


我再追問,” 還有什麼? “


 停頓了幾秒鐘。 然後她說:你的擁抱和親吻……”


 “真的嗎?” 我很高興聽到這個答案。  乖孫,嫲嫲會寄給你,一些擁抱和親吻,還有玩具。


 “ 我還要新衣服,哥哥有iPad 什麼都不要。


我好開心地回答,... ...”


 “真的嗎我現在去告訴媽咪。 媽咪……媽咪...” 她掛了電話。

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger