Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Saturday, August 15, 2020

My birthday ( Covid-19 story)

 Birthday Celebration

     Written in both English and Chinese 


  Today, I woke up very early, waiting for my son and his family to arrive to celebrate my 80th birthday.


  I haven't seen them since March.  I missed them very much.  I used to play with my grand daughter  (Nancy) and grandson (Tommy) at least once a month.  


   My son (Kenny) and my daughter-in-law (Betty) kept complaining that I was not a team player.  My answer was that I belonged to another team: the team that spoiled the kids.


 They finally arrived after a two-hour drive.  They were not allowed to enter my house and only stayed outside.  I opened the front door, but kept the net door closed.


  The grandchildren wanted to get closer, but the parents insisted that they should be at least 6 feet away from our house.  They jumped up and down and called out “Grandpa” at their loudest voice.  Tommy was only three and a half years old, but he was so cute.


  I asked him: "Do you miss Grandpa?"


 Tommy replied: "No."


  I immediately said: "Why?"


  He replied: "I see your picture every day."


  I was speechless but laughed loudly 


  The 6-year-old (Nancy) started to sing her favorite song and danced for me.


  Tommy wanted to do the same too.  His rock and roll dance was so cute, I couldn’t help laughing again.


  Danny suggested: "Let's sing Happy Birthday to Grandpa together." Immediately they all started singing.  They sang so loudly that some of my neighbors opened their doors and participated in the concert.


  After singing, I blew out the candles on my birthday cake inside my house, wishing that the coronavirus would disappear soon.


  My family sat outside on the lawn to eat their cake, while I eat in the house.


 Afterwards, my grandson and grand daughter ran around with balloons.  Each carried 8 balloons.  They chased each other until all the balloons were flying higher and higher in the sky.


********


生日快樂


  今早我很早醒來,等待兒子和家人到來慶祝我的80歲生日。


 自三月以來我還沒有見過他們。 我非常想念他們。 以往我習慣每月與我的女孫Nancy  和男孫(Tommy) 一起遊玩最小一次。 


   我的兒子 Kenny)和我的媳婦(Betty)一直抱怨我不是團隊合作者。 我的 回答是,我只不過是屬於另一支團隊:寵壞孩子的團隊。


   經過兩個小時的車程,他們終於到達。 他們不允許進入我的房子,只留在外面。 我打開前門,但保持網門關閉。


 我感到孫男孫女們想靠近,但父母堅持他們離我家最小有6英尺遠。 他們跳高跳底大吼大叫爺爺。 Tommy 只有三歲半,他真的很可愛。


 我問他:你想念爺爺嗎?


Tommy 回答:不。


 我立即說:為什麼?


 他回答:我每天都看到你的照片。


 我無話可說,只好大笑了。


 6歲的(Nancy)開始唱她最喜歡的歌,並為我跳舞。


 Tommy 也想唱歌跳舞。 他的搖晃的舞蹈真可愛,我不禁又大笑起來。


 Danny 建議:讓我們一起為爺爺唱生日快樂。” 他們即時開始唱歌。 他們的大聲歌唱,引發我的一些鄰居打開門參加了演唱會。


 唱完歌之後,我在屋內吹滅生日蛋糕的蠟燭,內心希望冠狀病毒能早日消失。


 我的家人坐在外面的草坪上吃蛋糕,而我則在房子裡吃。


  之後,孫男孫女帶著氣球在屋外跑來跑去。 他們每人帶著八個氣球,互相追逐,直到所有氣球在天空中飛得越來越高。


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger