Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Grandma loves dancing

 August 24, 2020  -  the new norm 

Grandmother loves dancing ***


        Covid New Life Short story written in English and Chinese


  I ran to the front door happily and rang the doorbell.  No one answered.  I pressed it again and again.  Even the door bell rang, no one came to open the door.  I started knocking vigorously on the door, but no one answered.


   My friends walked around the house to see through each window to see whether my grandmother was in the house.


  Soon the four of us regrouped at the front door of the house.  All of us shook our heads.


  I started to look very worried.  My grandmother is the only survival member of my family.  When I was a 5-year-old girl, she raised me.  My worries gradually turned into tears.  My college roommate hugged me tightly and cried with me.  The other two comforted me and advised me not to worry.


  At this moment, a lady wearing a big hat, sunglasses, a black mask, a floral top, a knee-long black skirt and a pair of black shoes came towards the house.  She raised her voice and said, "What's going on here?"


  I raised my head and screamed in surprise and excitement, "grandma ".  I ran towards her, hugged her tightly and started crying.


  She was very happy to see us and said: "Silly girl. Why are you crying?".


  I replied: "The four of us, come and beg you to let us live with you.  Can we. ?”


  "What happened?" She answered in a cheerful voice.


  "Our university is temporarily closed. We have enrolled online courses. Is it okay if we all stay here?"


  Grandma who once won a school dance award, was so excited that she started dancing with me. Then she switched to dance with my friends one by one.  


  My grandmother was such a good dancer.   She would not stop but kept dancing with us.   Some of my neighbors came out to clap their hands.


  *****



祖母喜歡跳舞


         用英文和中文寫的《 Covid New Life》短篇故事。


   我高興地跑到前門,然後大力按門鈴。 沒有人回答。 我一次又一次地按鈴,雖然門響了,仍然沒有人來開門。 我開始大力敲門,但沒有人回答。


    我的朋友走到房子外面,看看每個窗戶,是否可以看見我的祖母在房子裡。


   很快,我們四個人在房子的前門重組,每個人都搖了搖頭。


   我開始很擔心。 我的祖母是我家庭的唯一生存的成員。 當我還是一個5歲的女孩時,她可始撫養我。我的擔心逐漸變成了眼淚。 我的大學同居室友緊緊地擁抱著我,跟我一起哭了。 另外兩個同學盡力安慰我,並建議我不要擔心。


   這時,一位戴著大帽子,太陽鏡,黑色口罩,碎花上衣,及膝長的黑色裙子和一雙黑色鞋子的女士, 向著我的屋子行過來,慢慢行到我們的身邊。 她抬高聲音說:發生什麼事?


   我抬起頭,驚訝而激動地尖叫著嫲嫲。 “我朝著她跑過去,緊緊擁抱著她,開始哭泣。


   她很高興見到我們,說:傻丫頭。為什麼哭?


   我回答:我們四個人,求求你,讓我們與你同住,可以嗎?


   發生了什麼?” 她用歡快的聲音回答。


   我們的大學暫時關閉。我們已經註冊了網上課程。我們和你住在這裡, 可以嗎?


   一位曾獲得學校舞蹈獎的祖毋非常激動和興奮,她開始和我跳舞,然後和我的朋友們一個接一個地跳舞。 我的祖母是一位出色的舞道者,她不斷表現她的美妙舞道,一些鄰居看見也出來拍手。


   *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger