Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, November 12, 2023

Short Story: Annie, Annie

 Short Story


Title: Annie, Annie

Author; Philip Chan 

******

A well dressed lady aged about 35, stood in front of a five star hotel in 

Miami beach, talking to the receptionist. “My name is Annie, here is my drivers license. My husband already checked in.”


The receptionist, Tom, updated the hotel system, and handed Annie a copy of the room key. 


As soon as Annie entered the room, she picked up the phone and asked for room service.


“A bottle of Château Giscours and an order of assorted cheese… Thank you.” 


Annie changed to her newly bought Victoria Secret see-through underwear. 


She opened the bottle of red wine, pouring herself a glass, sitting down on the living room facing the balcony, overlooking the shore. 


She heard the door open but didn’t turn around. 


The intruder put his hands over her eyes.


“We are no kids. I know who you are, Paul.”


“Who’s Paul?” He dropped his hands and Annie turned around and said surprisingly, “Why you, Adam?”


She started to get angry.

“I didn’t expect to see you after ten years,” Annie emphasized, “Ten fucking years.”


“I’m sorry that I didn’t show up at Venice after graduation because my Mom had a heart attack. She passed away.”


“You could contact me.”


“The airline lost my luggage. There goes our new contact information. My brothers fought with me about our inheritance. It was all in mess.”


Annie’s phone rang and she picked up the phone.


“Honey, I was hung up in the meeting and no time to tell you, our room is not in the South Tower. They didn’t have our type of room. We are now booked at the North Tower.” 


Annie dropped the phone , realizing she is in the wrong room, looking at Adam. “Your girlfriend’s name is Annie. Right?”


Annie slapped Adam’s face. 


“We have no time to talk. My wife, Annie is a jealous woman. She ran into someone in the lobby. She should be here any minute.”


Adam pulled Annie’s hand and dragged her to the door to send her away.


Adam opened the door, his wife standing at the door, looking at Annie in her underwear. “You two go back to the room. I want to know who she is…”


She pulled Annie’s hair, dragging her into the room. Adam stopped his wife attacking Annie.  


Annie fell, hitting the corner of the table, the bottle of wine breaking into pieces, blood flowing from her head like a river. 


*****

Paul came to the hotel, and saw ambulance staff  pushing a lady on a bed to the ambulance. He rushed to the ambulance bed, saying, “Annie, Annie, what happened.”


Adam followed and said,” 

Annie, Annie, hang on there. You will be alright.”


**************

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger