Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Saturday, June 3, 2023

Short Story: Three Gun Shots

 Short Story: Three Gun Shots

Author: Philip Chan

Suddenly Tom noticed foot prints in the snow. Who else lived in this remote place? He was debating whether he would find out more or not. Curiously he followed the foot prints to the community car park. A man pushed a woman into the car and closed the door. The car engine started. A gunshot was fired. The car door swung open and the woman got out of the car. A dog jumped out and caught the woman. 

Tom heard the second gunshot. The dog's blood was flowing over the woman's body. Tom rushed to help the woman get up. To his shock, the woman was his wife, Mary. 

"What happened?" 

Mary cried. "The man was your cousin, Dennis. He raped me two months ago. I don't know who told him I am pregnant." 

"He called me to borrow some money. I told him no. My money is reserved for your pregnancy." 

Mary cried saying, "He called me to claim the baby was his. He asked for $50,000 to silence him. I told him to meet me at the car park." 

Tom replied, "Listen carefully. Give me the gun." Tom wiped the finger prints off the gun and pointed the gun at Mary. 

Mary pleaded," Please don't. For the sake of our baby. Please don't." 

Tom answered,"Mary, you take care of our baby. I'll tell the police I killed Dennis and you." 

Tom fired the gun at Mary's left arm.

Sirens of police cars woke up the whole neighborhood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger