Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Friday, June 9, 2023

Short Story: : I can be rich

 

Big mistake with good intentions 

Title: I can be rich 

by Goodadvicechan ( pen name)


Author: Philip Chan



TV news reported the son of the chairman of a big company died due to a car accident. 

No matter how Mom comforted Grandma not to cry over such a sad news, she wouldn't stop crying. 

I sensed something wrong, questioning her but she wouldn't say a word. 

On the funeral day, Grandma insisted us attending the funeral. We argued that we had no reason to go. 

Finally, she said, "He's related to us," handing Mom a letter and ran out of the house. Mom followed her. 

I chased them to the roof of a tall building. Grandma already stood on the edge of the roof, threatening to jump down. 

After hours of negotiations including to attend the funeral and forgive her for her wrong doings, she came home with us. 

Grandma told us to open the letter. In the letter, she said she changed my name tag at birth with the chairman's baby, while working at the hospital as a cleaning lady. She wanted her grandson to grow up in a rich family instead of being raised by a single Mom. 

Mom screamed at Grandma with tears, saying she had no right to do that. Grandma had a stroke and Mom fainted. I called an ambulance to take them to the hospital. 

I lost the senses of love and hate. I held my tears, telling myself, "I can be rich, and don't have to work long hours in McDonald." 

***

Note: posted on Fanstory 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger