Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, May 30, 2021

Short Story: Oh my God

Short Story Title:Oh My God 

Author: Philip Chan 

Goodadvicechan.com



“Oh my God,” my wife said all of a sudden.


“What?” I replied. “Where are you? You should be in bed.”


“I am by the window.”


“What are you doing over there?” My eyes were still closed. 


“Get out of bed and come here.” My wife, Rose raised her voice a little. 


“Stop being nosy,” I complained. 


“Please come over.”


Reluctantly I got up. I reached to switch on the table light. Accidentally I hit my glass of water on the bedside table. The glass fell on the floor and broken. 


“0h my God, what have you done?”


“Should you stay in bed, this wouldn’t happen.”


“Just come over and I’ll clean up the mess later.”


I walked to the window, “What do you want me to see?”


“Don’t you see our son, Daniel?”


“Yes, Rose, I saw our son...”


“Don’t you see the other boy?”


“Yes, it’s  David from Asa Street.”


“I saw them hugging each other.”


“What’s the problem? Daniel is going to college next week. These boys had been playing football for years. It’s normal to have a good-bye hug.”


“It wasn’t a good-bye hug.”


“What was it? It’s too early to give a welcome home hug.” 


“George, it’s  no time for a joke.”  


“What’s wrong with the hug? I can give you a hug now.” I moved close to give Rose a hug. She pushed me away.


“I saw a tight hug between them for a while...”


“What’s wrong with that?”


“It was a long hug... too long to be a normal hug.”


“Our first hug was a long one too.”


“That’s why I’m concerned about the hug.”


“Look. David is giving Daniel a quick hug and he is walking away now. Did you see that?”


“Yes, I did.”


“It’s a goodbye hug. Let’s go back to bed and hug each other.”


Rose looked at me in disbelieve. I pulled her to bed.  


*****



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger