Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Monday, May 3, 2021

Short Story: Good bye my love

 Good bye my love

Author: Philip Chan

Goodadvicechan@ Gmail.com


Sandra’s diary 


Date: February 12


I don’t know how to love you any more, Eric. 


I accepted open relationship and gave you more freedom.  In the end, what I got was nothing but endless pain. Your infidelity has become worse. 


Date: February 20


Every evening, I washed my face quietly with tears.  I hoped someday 

that God would help us regain the love between us.  But I was wrong, and ended up becoming more miserable and more painful. 


Date: February 22


You didn’t know how much I loved you.   I tried to tolerate everything and avoid any friction between us. I kept the house clean and warm. Yet you still didn’t  come home.   


When will you understand my loneliness?  Please show me a little loving care so that I can  have a few seconds of happiness. 


Date: March 1st


 At times, I wanted to  forget you but I couldn’t. I had asked myself why I still love you. I didn’t know what the answer was. All I knew was to struggle blindly and to expect pity from God.  


Hopefully God has mercy on me and grants me a miracle so that you will smile with me and have a candlelight dinner with me. 


Date: March 4


Before any miracle happens, I have no choice but learn to get used to this life of without you by my side.  At night, when you were not  at home, I couldn’t  sleep but missed you. 


Is this my fate or my miserable destiny? 


Date: May 2


You hadn’t come home for more than a month.  You changed your  phone number and I had no way to contact you.  You didn’t  even say goodbye. Didn’t you know you had broken my heart?  I cried so much that I now have no tears.

 

Date:  Date June 16


This afternoon, I walked along the lover's  lane where we used to walk holding hands.  I hoped that I could find your shadow.  Refreshing  my memories, the lane and the sky were the same and but I was no longer a happy person. I walked  aimlessly until I hit a tree and fell on the ground.  I found my two knees bleeding.    As I raised my head and looked at the tree, I suddenly remembered that we had carved a heart on the tree.   I filled the heart with the blood from my bruised legs. 


Looking at the blood-red heart, I began to realize that I was treated like dirt. 


At this moment I seemed to see your shadow holding hands with another person.   But all of a sudden, the shadow disappeared.  Our love of the past had gone.  It would never return.  There was no reason to love you anymore and no meaning to wait for your return. 


I finally had the courage to face the bloody heart on the tree  and raised my voice to say, "Goodbye, my love."


******

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger