Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, July 26, 2020

Covid-19 Short Story - Tomorrow is A Happy Day

Tomorrow is a happy day 
( Written in both Chinese  and  English) 

  I can see from my window that the rain outside forms a river flowing down the street.  This scenery reminds me of our wedding day 50 years ago.

  On that day, Hong Kong was hit by a typhoon, and the rain was so heavy that all the cars parked on the steep road where I lived were washed away.  

   Our marriage tradition requires the groom to collect me and bring me to his parents' house for a tea ceremony.   When the groom came, the bridesmaids blocked the entrance.  They would  not open the door, but would ask the groom many questions until the groom gave a wrong answer.

   One of the bridesmaids asked when our first kiss took place.  The groom said this happened on our second date.  The correct answer is when the groom said goodbye to me on our first date.  Because the answer was wrong, the bridesmaids demanded a sum of money to punish the groom.  Soon the bridesmaids and the bridesmen started argumentative negotiations on the amount.  They bargained on the amount until the bridesmaids were satisfied.  Such fun memories of the wedding day made my eyes wet.  

   Since my husband was accepted  to the ICU for COVID-19 treatment, I have not seen him for nearly a month.  The more I think of him, the more marriage scenes of our happy and hard days appeared in my mind, and I began to cry.

  Suddenly, the phone rang, waking me up from my memory.  I wiped my tears with my hand and picked up the phone.  The hospital said that my husband had recovered from Covid-19 and would be ready to go home tomorrow.

  I screamed at the top of my voice with joyful tears that he could come home to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary tomorrow.  


快乐的明天

 外面的雨水形成一条在街上流淌的河流。 这种风景使我想起了50年前我们的婚礼。在那天香港是台风襲港,雨很大,以致停在我住过的陡峭道路上的所有汽车都被冲洗了。 

   我们的婚姻传统要求新郎来接我到他的父母的家中进行茶道儀式。新郎来到我家的时候,伴娘姊妹仆挡住了入口。 他们不肯开门,而是一直问 一連串的问题,直到新郎给出错误的答案。

  一位伴娘问他们的初吻是第幾次約會。 新郎说这是他们的第二次约会。 正确的答案是新郎在第一次约会送我回家说再见之時。 因為答錯了,伴娘們要一笔钱惩罚新郎。那时,伴娘和伴郞在金额上进行了很大的谈判。 他們討價還價直到伴娘們滿意才開門。婚礼那天的美好高興的回忆让我兩眼濕濕。 

   自从我丈夫被送入ICU接受COVID-19治疗以来,我們已经有近一个月没有见面了。我越想念他,婚後的開心和艱苦的日子,一幕一幕出現在我的腦海中,我开始哭了。

 突然,电话响了,让我从记忆中惊醒。 我用手擦了擦眼泪。 拿起電話回應,医院说我丈夫已经从Covid-19中康复,准备明天回家。

 我大声尖叫着,歡樂到淚水也流下來,明天他可以回家庆祝我們的結婚50周年紀念日。

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger