Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Friday, July 24, 2020

Covid-19 Short Story - Hosiptal beds are full

Short Story written in both English and Chinese


Hosiptal beds are full ( Fiction) 

Although it was raining heavily outside, someone knocked on my window from outside.  She is Mrs. Jordan, a neighbor living across my house.  I asked her what happened, and she replied in sign language.

 Yesterday she saw  an ambulance parking in front of the house next to me.  The ambulance staff carried Mr. Ferrari into his house.   His wife then walked out of the ambulance and followed the staff into the house.  Afterwards the ambulance drove away.  

 Mrs. Jordan said she wanted to ask the ambulance staff about what has happened.  Given the pandemic distancing situation, she felt that it wasn’t appropriate to do so.  

 This morning she received the notice from the local “50+ Senior Living Association” notice that both Mr. and Mrs. Ferrari have been confirmed to be infected with the virus.  The isolation beds in the local  hospital dealing with the new virus were full.  So based on hospital priority order, they were sent home to recover on their own. 

 Mrs. Jordan is now raising money from the neighborhood to buy daily necessities and food for Mr. and Mrs Ferrari and put them in front of their house.

 After I listened to the sad story, I put some money in an envelope.   I then put on a mask, opened the window, and handed the envelope to Mrs. Jordan.

As soon as I opened the window, rain drops splashed on my face.  Knowing myself living alone in a senior community, a sudden sadness hit my heart.  Such pain is difficult to describe and cannot expect anyone to understand how painful it was.  At that moment my tears mixed with the raindrops were all over my face. 


医院的床铺满了:::

 尽管外面正在下大雨,但有人从外面敲我的窗户。 她是乔丹夫人,一个住在我家対面的邻居。 我问她发生了什么事,她用手势语回答。

  昨天她看到一辆救护车停在我家隔離门前。 救护人员将法拉利先生带入他的房屋。然后,他的妻子走出了救护车,并跟着工作人员走进了屋子。 之后,救护车开走了。

  乔丹夫人说,她想向救护人员询问发生了什么事。 但考虑到疫情流行的情况,並不合適多事,所以沒有追問下去。

  今天早晨,她收到了当地“ 50+老年人生活协会的通知,称已确认法拉利先生和夫人均已感染该病毒。 当地医院处理新病毒的隔离床已满。 因此,根据医院的优先顺序,他们被送回家中自行痊癒。

  乔丹太太现在正从附近筹集资金,为法拉利夫妇购买日用品和食物,并将用品和食物摆在他们的家门前。

  听了这个悲伤的故事后,我把一些钱装进了信封。 然后我戴上口罩,打开窗户,将信封递给乔丹太太。

 一打开窗户,雨水就溅到我的脸上。 把我醒覺,想到自己一个人住在一个​​老人社区,突然的悲伤打击了我的心。 这种痛苦很难描述,不能期望任何人都能理解我是多么痛苦。 在那一刻,我的泪水和雨滴混合不停流在我的脸上。

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger