Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Saturday, February 20, 2021

Short Story : An Affair

 Short Story: An affair 


fanstory.com Short Story : Starts with "Pick up the pieces”…


Title: An affair 

Author: Philip Chan

goodadvicechan@gmail.com



"Pick up the pieces" Mary shouted at me. My glass of wine was shattered on the floor. She cried and screamed at me while we were having dinner. 


I knew I was wrong and should not lose my temper. I couldn't control myself when she told me to divorce my wife or else she would get rid of our baby. We argued heatedly and I accidentally pushed the glass. It fell on the floor. 


Since Mary got pregnant, I got emotionally disturbed easily. Although I had seen a therapist, it didn't help my situation. 


Mary said with determination. "I don't need you to pick up the pieces now. I can take care of it... I can look after my baby and my life. I have terminated our lease of this house effective tomorrow. You don't have to come back. I am out of your life." 


She pushed me out of the house with a traveling bag. She packed all my stuff inside the bag. I rang the doorbell and banged on the door. She didn't open the door for me. 


I drove home. As soon as I got into the garage, I sensed something was not right. I opened the door and entered the house, it was an empty house. Not a single piece of furniture was there. 


The only thing I could find was a divorce paper and a wedding picture cut to pieces on the kitchen counter. 


I sat on the floor and asked myself quietly. "Can I pick up the pieces? 


***** 


Since then, I signed the divorce paper and have been looking for Mary and our baby. 


*****

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger