Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, January 10, 2021

Short Story - Wedding Invitation

 Fanstory Writing contest 


Reactions.. .

 Write a scene in which your main character receives surprising news.


Title: Wedding invitation 

Author: Philip Chan 


Tomorrow would be John’s wedding day. 


“Should I go to John’s wedding or not?” I have been asking myself for a whole week. John was my first love and I gave him my virginity at age of 18 and he was 16. I never forgot what he said after our love making. “This isn’t love but youth’s need.” 


Because of his words , I left him for good even though l was deeply in love with him at that time. 


Looking at our picture and holding his wedding invitation card, my tears dropped down my chin. Deep inside me, I still loved him. 


The door bell rang and I opened the door.  It was Mary, John’s fiancé.  


She said angrily. “No wedding.”


“Why?”


“Sally, aren’t you happy he called your name in our bed last night?”


***

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger