Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Sunday, January 31, 2021

Short story ( a script - I said No)

 

A Memory Care Hospital Visit

I said NO 

by Goodadvicecha


SETTING: A private room in a memory care hospital. A female patient, aged about 63, is lying on a bed. Two vases of roses are on the side tables; one is full of red roses, the other yellow. A man is standing next to the patient bed. 


FADE IN: INT. PATIENT'S ROOM IN THE HOSPITAL 

GEORGE 
Do you like the flowers? 

ROSE 
No. 

GEORGE 
Don't you like red roses? 

ROSE 
No. 

GEORGE 
I bought you yellow roses too. Do you like them? 

ROSE 
No. 

GEORGE 
OK. I'll bring you pink roses tomorrow? 

ROSE 
No. 

GEORGE 
Ok. No pink. I'll bring multi-colors. Do you know who I am? 

ROSE 
No. 

GEORGE 
I am your lover. 

ROSE 
Hey... Lover. 

GEORGE ( smiling) 
I'm glad you called me lover. So you do know me. 

ROSE 
No. You said you are my lover; I called you lover. 

GEORGE 
Do you know my name? 

ROSE 
Rose. 

GEORGE 
No. Rose is your name. 

ROSE 
No, no. My name is George. 

GEORGE 
No, no. I am George and you are Rose. 

ROSE 
NO. No, no, no. 
(Rose started to cry. George held her. She pushed him away.) 

GEORGE 
OK. I am Rose...Do you remember the first time you made love? It was with me. 

ROSE 
No. He was a handsome young man. 

FADE OUT: 
( end of scene 1) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger